We deal with complaints about the bodies responsible for implementing Australia’s early childhood education and care regulatory system.
We are responsible for providing Ombudsman oversight of the administrative actions taken by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
We also provide privacy and freedom of information oversight of ACECQA and the 8 State and Territory early childhood Regulatory Authorities:
- ACT Children’s Education and Care Assurance, Education Directorate
- NSW Early Childhood Education and Care Directorate, Department of Education
- NT Quality Education and Care NT, Department of Education
- QLD Regulation, Assessment and Service Quality, Early Childhood and Community Engagement, Department of Education and Training
- SA Education and Early Childhood Services Registration and Standards Board of South Australia
- TAS Department of Education, Education and Care Unit
- VIC Department of Education and Training
- WA Department of Communities, Education and Care Regulatory Unit
For contact details of each of the Regulatory Authorities click contact your Regulatory Authority.
We work with ACECQA and the state and territory regulatory authorities to identify areas for improvement in service delivery and complaint handling processes.